Interested in attending Bizniversity® Strategic Growth 2019 but you don’t have the budget to invest at this time?
We can always use some extra hands!
We have a limited amount of volunteer opportunities available to those wishing to contribute their time during the event.
In exchange for your help, we are happy to offer our volunteers passes at no cost.
Email us to sign up as a volunteer at the Bizniversity® Strategic Growth Summit!
Access to all Conference Sessions.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Work a minimum of 12 hours
- Attend the mandatory Volunteer Orientation and assist in pre-event preparation activities
- Be available for the entire conference
- Have a valid email address
- Be responsible for working to Volunteer Manager
- Agree to the Volunteer Release & Waiver of Liability
- Acknowledge and adhere to the Volunteer Policies and Guidelines
Registration Support (2 opportunities available)
In this role you will:
- Welcome all attendees to Bizniversity™ Strategic Growth Summit
- Assist attendees with check-in
- Distribute badges, lanyards, and tote bags and answer any general questions from attendees
- Remember all Summit attendees must wear name badges at all times
- Handle any registration issues (i.e., purchasing upgrades, at the door badges)
- Serve as Info Desk where attendees can inquire about other things related to the locale (i.e., local maps, nearby restaurants, conference speakers, conference events, etc.)
Registration volunteers must be computer literate, and have the ability to stay calm when faced with a large crowd with lots of questions.
Enjoying working with people is a must.
Standing will be required for busy times.
This position requires ability to troubleshoot, process questions/information, and be a positive face for Bizniversity® Strategic Growth Summit 2019.
Attendees will expect you to have the answer to everything, so familiarize yourself with the schedule; where the bathrooms are located; local restaurants; and other items that you believe will contribute to an overall positive conference experience, including information about the Summit for last minute registrants.
Speaker Assistants (4 opportunities available)
In this role you will:
- Be the main contact for speakers for assistance and questions.
- Assist speakers with technical setup: connecting to projectors, microphone audio levels, room lighting and general troubleshooting
- Ensure room is set up and clean, speakers have what they need (water) and ensure the logistics of the session run smoothly
- Distribute any handouts to the audience on behalf of the speaker
- Collect back any audience forms the speaker may need
- Distribute and collect Evaluation Forms, asking the audience prior to the start of the workshop to fill out the evaluation forms before leaving the workshop
- Complete a Room Count Log Sheet
- Assist with other miscellaneous tasks
- Help pack away any equipment
- Ensure speakers are running on schedule by timing each of the speakers according to the timings given in the Agenda
- Setting and starting a stopwatch timer for each new speaker.
- Ensure session PowerPoint slides are switched to the correct PowerPoint slide on schedule according to the timings given in the PowerPoint slide schedule
- Hold Speaker badges during their keynote.
- Assist Speakers with lavalier microphones before going to the platform
- Ensure lavalier microphones are turned on when Speaker goes to podium and turned off when Speaker leaves podium
Note: This role requires strong people skills and great communicators. All speaker assistants must have PC and AV experience.
If you’re a people person this will be a great role for you!